Johnson Kelley Associates, Inc.
780 North Watters Road, #150 Allen, Texas 75013, (map it) – Ph. 972-422-5384
Shortly after the Americans with Disabilities Act’s (ADA) celebrated it’s 27th year anniversary we have hit our 27 year milestone as well.
The ADA is one of America’s most comprehensive pieces of civil rights legislation that prohibits discrimination and guarantees that people with disabilities have the same opportunities as everyone else to participate in the mainstream of American life — to enjoy employment opportunities, to purchase goods and services, and to participate in government programs and services. Johnson Kelley has been there since the beginning providing ADA and TAS accessibility consulting services on tens of thousands of projects. With years of experience we bring an insight to accessibility compliance issues that only experience can bring. We would like to thank all of our many clients over the years and welcome the opportunity to help new clients in the years to come. We want to be your Registered Accessibility Specialist of choice.
Johnson Kelley Associates provides ADA Accessibility Consulting nationally
In addition to our Texas Accessibility Standards (TAS) work in Texas, Johnson Kelley Associates provides ADA accessibility compliance due diligence, plan review and inspection services for our clients’ projects nationally. In Texas, TAS is a construction law that mimics ADA. As noted above The Americans with Disabilities Act is Civil Rights Legislation. Both have essentially the same requirements in Scoping and Technical Standards. There are slight differences in Scoping and Texas has additional Rules governing how the law is administered including oversight.
- State certified from the very beginning
- JKA works throughout Texas and the United States
- JKA has 27 year history of experience
- JKA offers assistance to property owners and managers
- Ease of paperwork. We provide TDLR forms in Excel format for ease of use.
- Personal Customer Service
- Level of Experience – over 26,000 reviews to date.
- Quick turn around on Plan Reviews
- Preferred Inspection Scheduling
- $10.00 Gift Card and Charity Program
- 10% Discount Program
ADA Title III Enforcement
- Private Party Lawsuits
- Drive by Lawsuits
- Our fee for ADA consulting work is quoted on a per project basis for your project specifics. Our clients find our modest fee provides valuable insight to assist in ADA compliance when managing or acquiring property(s). Please call to discuss how we can assist your firm nationally.
Know before you build or buy
The 2010 ADA has a safe harbor provision that effectively ensures that where existing facilities were constructed to meet 1991 ADA, they have safe harbor with regard to the newer standard. However, where violations under the 1991 ADA are found and corrective modifications are necessary then 2010 ADA must be met at the time of their remediation. Our ADA plan Reviews can provide a greater quality control for your team and our Inspection Services can include:
- Project site assessment including: walkways, parking lots, building entry and path of travel from associated accessible parking to each accessible facility entrance.
- Building assessment: of all public areas including; lobbies, break and rest rooms, common areas, etc. Assess circulation routes including vertical access via ramp, stair and or elevator, where applicable, along all regulated accessible path of travel and circulation routes.
- Assessment reports: include photographs of violations and relevant code references as part of our report.
Registered Accessibility Specialists (RAS)
- Licensed TAS Services Statewide
- Plan Reviews
- ADA Consulting Services Nationwide
- Property Accessibility Assessments
- Accessibility Due Diligence
- Accessibility Compliance Management for Corporate Real Estate Clients
Johnson – Kelley Associates has been a contract provider for the State of Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation since 1995 and as of January 2002, we are licensed Registered Accessibility Specialists (RAS).
We have completed thousands of plan reviews and inspections for Architects, Engineers and Building Owners to ensure conformance with accessibility standards adopted by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation for the purpose of ensured compliance with Article 9102, Texas Civil Statues.
This work has involved projects of all types including office, retail, large multi-screen movie complexes, schools, sporting and gymnasium facilities, restaurants and various other type projects. The sum of our review experience would be an asset to your project team.
Additionally the principals at Johnson – Kelley Associates are very knowledgeable with the ADA and since 1991 have been consulting architects in the due diligence survey work for real estate property managers for over 700 properties in Texas and over 48 other states.
Please feel free to call if you or your client needs additional information. Our references are available upon request. We look forward to working with you on a project as you RAS, (Registered Accessibility Specialist) in the near future.